🗺 Overview of connecting Postscript to Amped
Generate a new API Key and copy the API Key Secret that is generated
Enable the Postscript Amped Integration by entering in your Postscript API Key Secret to Amped
Once connected you can pick a default "Keyword" which is essentially a list. This default list is where Amped will add new SMS subscribers.
You can also send to separate Keywords per Campaign with Amped if need be.
🔑 Generating a new Postscript API Key
Sign into Postscript and from the Postscript Dashboard, head to your Account Settings by clicking on the menu item with the ⚙️ Gear icon
Under settings go to API, and then click on "Create Security Key Pair" - Note, you do no want to use the Legacy API Key
3. Copy the Private Key, and that's all you need from Postscript. Next you'll go back to your Amped account to activate Postscript.
✅ Connecting Postscript to Amped
Once you have your API Key Secret Key from Postscript. Go back in Amped to activate the Postscript Integation.
To activate Postscript in Amped:
1) Navigate to Integrations -> and then click on Connect Postscript
2) Once you're in the Postscript integration page, paste in your Postscript Private Key into the text field.
3) After you paste in a valid Postscript Private Key, Amped will then ask which Keyword you would like to use as a default. Select a default keyword. Pick the keyword that will trigger your main welcome messages or which ever you think you will use most ofern with Amped.
4) Click on "Connect Postscript to Amped" and then you're all set! All new phone numbers captured will go into this Default Keyword.
🎉 You connected Postscript to Amped!
For existing Campaign and new Campaigns in Amped, any phone numbers captured will automatically be sent to Postscript. You can also adjust how subscribers are sent to Postscript on the Campaign level which is described in more detail below.
If you would like to send new subscribers to different keywords depending on the Campaign, keep reading:
🏷 Sending new subscribers to different Keywords for different Campaigns
If for a particular campaign, you would like to send new subscribers to a specific list, you can set this on the Campaign's button action for the phone number input step, under the button actions for the "Capture data" action.
If you would like to change the keyword from the default keyword you picked when you connected Postscript to Amped, you can customize that by going to the button on the phone number step that captures the data.
And then you can specify a custom keyword for this particular campaign:
⚙️ Custom Properties in Postscript from Amped
Any inputs that are not normal properties in Postscript will be sent from Amped in to Postscript as Custom Properties.
Additionally, if you are using a Campaign that sets "User Properties" through a button or any other method, those user properties set, will flow through to Postscript as well. For example, if you use a button to ask a question and then continue the flow, those Button Actions can "Set User Property" and then when the phone number is captured and sent to Postscript, the User Properties will flow through as Custom Properties